February 3, 1959 - The Day the Music Died
This is the Civil Aeronautics Board’s Accident Report of Buddy Holly’s deadly plane crash in Iowa on February 3, 1959. It includes details of the weather, a map of the location and a description of what the “entertainers” were doing in Iowa. On page two, we see the name of Buddy Holly as “Charles Hardin” and the other musicians — “The Big Bopper” (J.P. Richardson), and Ritchie Valens (Richard Valenzuela), who were traveling with him.
You can take a look at the entire 13 pages of the report here: Aircraft Accident Report , 02/03/1959.
- bopperlostsongs likes this
- el-pelavacas reblogged this from todaysdocument
- hipster-tops likes this
- myhipsterplanet reblogged this from todaysdocument
- nikajayo likes this
- myartyourartloveandstuff reblogged this from todaysdocument
- gilmmer likes this
- tann-manns-forumz likes this
- This was featured in #Vintage
- This was featured in #History
- todaysdocument posted this